Wednesday, August 18, 2010

August Apple Kale Saute

I didn't really want to cook anything, and considered just eating popcorn for dinner. But, then my neighbor brought a gift of more organically grown kale, and I already have a couple cups that I had frozen. So to avoid a kale storage problem, I got in gear and threw this together.

Saute these 5 ingredients:
1/2 tsp. coconut oil
1/3 C. onion, chopped
1/4 C. yellow squash, chopped
1 apple, chopped
2/3 C. tomatoes, roasted, canned
3 0z. chicken breast, already baked, cut up

Add these herbs and spices, as much as you desire:
Parmesan, grated
Pepper, ground
Salt
Fresh basil
Fresh chives
Fresh thyme

Add, cover, simmer until Kale is wilted:
1 oz. white wine
1 C. Kale, ripped to bite size pieces

It was pretty tasty, but next time I might reconsider putting the tomatoes in with the apple.

Rated a 3.85 on the Kale Scale