Sunday, September 12, 2010

Kale with Coconut Dust

This is the salad I made to go with my baked salmon, dinner. I have the coconut flour because I read about coconut being good for you (vs what the cooking oil industry wants you to believe) and coconut flour having a good fiber count. I didn't really get a coconut flavor as much as I thought would happen. Maybe if I'd used shredded coconut, but that will be another day.


Toss together as you like:
1 C. Kale, ripped to bite size pieces
3/4 C. Pineapple, fresh and chopped or diced
2/3 large peach - fresh, chopped. (I cut it in half, pitted, and used the half, plus almost a 1/3 of the other half.)
70 blueberries, more or less


As you build the salad, toss in and dust the top with (i.e. separate this into tossing some with the rest of the ingredients, and putting some on top):
4 tsp. olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing
1 Tbsp. coconut flour


Serve.


Rated a 4.3 on the Kale Scale.