Thursday, September 9, 2010

Kale Oblivion

This mixture was cooked to oblivion ... thus the recipe title. I didn't intend to do this, but I wanted to cook the moisture out of the eggs. I added some tomato sauce and little wine, and mixed up all the ingredients, including the kale, before I added the eggs. So I ended up not sauting, and not wilting the kale, but cooking trying to get the moisture thickened up. I added the flax seed to try and help. Added the eggs, and had to cook some more. Add the parmesan thinking it would stiffen things up, and cooked some more. By the time it was done, I wasn't sure I wanted to eat it. And I was happily surprised that the concoction was pretty darn good!

Saute:
1/2 tsp coconut oil
1/3 C onion, diced
1 tsp garlic, minced

Add and continue to saute:
1/2 C. purple cabbage, chopped up
10 grape tomatoes, halved
2 Tbsp. olives, chopped
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp turmeric

Add, mix up and cook some:
1 C. kale, ripped into bitesize, and then cut finer with kitchen shears
1 tsp oregano, dried
1/2 tsp rosemary, dried

Mix in and cook some more:
1/2 C. tomato sauce
1.5 oz white wine

Add and cook more to get liquid thickened or evaporated:
2 tsp flax seed, ground

Add, scramble and cook until eggs are hard:
1 egg with 1 egg white, beaten with 1/4 C milk

Mix in and cook some more:
Parmesan Cheese, sprinkle on

Serve and top with: Parmesan Cheese.

Rated a 4.5 on the Kale Scale