Monday, September 26, 2011

Mango Kale Slaw

I found an interesting recipe at Safeway for using the head of red cabbage that I bought. I thought it was worthy of adding my kale into the mix. So here is my variation of what they called Mango Slaw, and I turned into Mango Kale Slaw.  I bought a greenish yellow mango, and found that ripe comes in various colors. So took a chance, and it tasted fine.

Put in a bowl and layer or toss as you wish:
100 grams, Red cabbage, sliced thin
1.25 cup, Kale, ripped to bite size pieces
one half, Carrot,  big , grated
1 tsp, Green onions, sliced
18 sprigs, Cilantro, sliced

Put in a blender, mix and then stir together with the cabbage mixture:
3/4 cup, Mango, peeled and chopped
1.5 tbsp, Lime juice
3 tbsp, Yogurt, nonfat, Lemon, Cascade Fresh
1/3 tsp. Cayenne pepper, ground

Top with
2 tbsp, Walnuts, chopped

Rated a 4.76 on the Kale Scale.