Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Kale Shake

With so much fresh fruit from the garden, I decided to try a Kale Shake. And it worked! It ain't pretty, but with all the fruit, tastes sweet.

I used my Bamix handmixer to shred up the kale, after I ripped them into smaller pieces. Couple leaves at a time (used 5 leaves, total which equals a cup or more of chopped kale. After I did a couple leaves, I put in a tablespoon of yogurt in and it helped get the kale into tinier pieces.

Use a hand mixer or blender to mix up, and use a big wide straw:

  • 1 cup chopped kale
  • 1/3 C fat-free Dannon yogurt, couple tablespoons at a time
  • 10 cherries, pitted and halved
  • 15 raspberries
  • 5 strawberries
  • 3/4 banana
  • 2 clementines
  • 1/2 cup Soy Slender vanilla soymilk

Rated a 4.64 on the Kale Scale. The rating would have been higher except for the mess it creats in making it!