Friday, November 25, 2011

Sweet Potato Hash Kale with King David Apple

I started with a recipe off internet for Savory Sweet Potato Hash. As I was making it, I realized I had a small leftover from yesterday morning's scramble. So shift gears. I left out the bacon, and only put in a portion of one sweet potato, and bit of onion along with the scramble leavings. Turned out to be pretty good!


Saute:
1 tsp Olive oil, amore
1/3 cup Onion, chopped
¾ cup Sweet potato, diced
1 tsp Black pepper, ground

Add and continue:
¾ small King David apple w/skin, diced

Add and keep cooking till sweet potato and apple are done:
1/3 cup Soy milk
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp thyme

Add and heat through:
1 cup Scramble leftover (with fake sausage, corn, tomato and egg)
1 tbsp Parsley, raw
1 tbsp Pecan, dried, raw

Add, cover and wilt Kale:
2 fl oz Cranberry pomegranate juice, POM
1 cup Kale, raw

Rated a 4.6 on the Kale Scale