Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lentil Soup With Kale

A filling cracked after I got home from work. Until I see dentist, it’s soup!

I really like Amy's Lentil Soup. Adding the kale was a neutral - it didn't make the kale any better, but it wasn't any worse either. I rated it a 3 because as a vehicle for eating kale, it's merely adequate. And I do eat the whole can of soup for my dinner.

1 can of Amy’s Organic Soups/Lentil
½ Cup of Kale cut into smaller than bite size pieces.

Cut the kale into smaller than bite size pieces - I used my Pampered Chef Kitchen Shears, a great, versatile tool!!

Put soup and kale together in microwave safe bowl. I used my Pampered Chef Small Micro-cooker – another great tool.

Heat on high for 90-120 seconds.

Serve. Optional – serve with a dollop of non-fat plain Greek yogurt.

Rated a 3 on Kale Scale